Tuesday, July 14, 2015

eBay tank

The tank came today, it's in better shape then I thought it would be, with multiple layers iofdifferent color paint, a few dents, and just some minor surface rust inside.  Bad news is that it's about an inch and a half too long to fit the T25 frame without doing some serious cutting and welding.  Technically it's the same length as the stock tank, but the stock tank is notched out to fit the frame tubes where the seat would butt up to the tank itself.   I'm not so sure I want to butcher this tank just to make it fit, so I'm on to plan B, which is find something else that'll work without re-inventing the wheel.  I'd buy a tank like this one again for 40 bucks and change any day of the week, so I'm not really bummed it won't work on this bike.  I'll shelve it for a future project.


No comments:

Post a Comment