Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Cheap storage

I've been wanting to have some kind of storage on my Bonneville to keep small things like extra plugs, a few wrenches, zipties, etc.  I don't do a lot of long distance riding by any means, but to have a few things on hand that could help me limp it home if necessary would be nice.  On the other hand I didn't want anything bulky, and saddle bags were out of the question.  Found this army surplus bag at the flea market for five bucks, added a cut down quart oil container to stiffen it up, bent up a bracket and rattle canned it matte black, used the metal belt "loops" on the backside of it to slip onto the bracket.  I used the rear shock mount bolt to secure the front of the bracket and drilled a 1/4" diameter hole through the rear grab handle to secure the rear.  Works great, is pretty low key, and I can carry some stuff that might get me home in a pinch.










No comments:

Post a Comment