Wednesday, May 27, 2015

I'm a slow learner, and not a particularly good listener

Put the battery charger on my Triumph at work the other day and the seat came down and shorted out the charger alligator clips and the battery itself.  Melted a good portion of my wiring harness up until it starts to go under the gas tank. 

Fucking mess. 



I was pissed at myself for the three days afterwards, kicking myself for being a lazy fuck and not just removing the battery to charge it.  The battery in my bike is tight to get in and out; it's a pain in the ass.  The same can be said for replacing a wiring harness too; a real pain the ass on a whole other level. 

Anyway, I called British Cycle Supply and ordered a U.K. made wiring harness, that according to Wayne the sales guy, is the best you can get.  Wasn't cheap, but if I'm going to do this I want a good quality part.  From what I can tell the voltage regulator/rectifier and the Boyer ignition box doesn't look like they got hot at all.  Time will tell for sure though. 

Before I fucked up.









No comments:

Post a Comment