Monday, June 22, 2015

Garage Update

Got a lot done in my garage the past week.  Threw out a bunch more shit I didn't need anymore, rearranged some things, hung another 4ft fluorescent light on the ceiling, bought a new bench grinder, hung up some posters and things I never had  a place to hang up before, and so on. 

Last Friday I snagged these two vintage KLH speakers at the Salvation Army for ten bucks.  They weigh a ton and sound great.  The receiver I already had, but didn't have speakers for, so I was psyched to find those KLHs. 
Cleaned my new to me vise up and hit it with a coat of Rustoleum.  I like vises with color on them. I think it makes things easier to see when you're working on them, due to the contrast between the vise and the part itself.  Unless you are working on a red part I guess.
That's a parking block I single handily "borrowed" from the parking lock of a park down the street this past winter by myself.  Fucker is heavy!.  There was a bunch of them pushed off to the side covered in moss and dirt.  I salvaged one, took it home, wire wheeled it and threw like four coats of yellow tractor paint on it to get it smooth.  I can boardslide the entire thing, and do a half ass axle stall on it, but that's about it.  My goal is to slappy it by the end of summer.  I'm old so cut me a break. 
Still need to get an air compressor, and drill press would be nice too.  but as of now it's much nicer to work in then it ever was before.  Good enough to skate in too.

No comments:

Post a Comment