Monday, June 29, 2015

Some local history...

This is an old ad from a 1964 issue of Cylce Magazine for BMW with dealer Hank Sleger featured in it.  He ran a dealership for years and years in North Jersey, selling lots of European bikes, and later became partners with Malcolm Forbes.  Hank's son Ed took over the business and sold bikes for many years.  In fact my '71 BSA B50 MX that was given to me by a family friend that raced bikes, actually raced them with Ed, who lives a half a mile down the road from me.  It's kind of neat to know the history of an old bike from when it was new, and see where it winds up.  The guy that gave me the BSA was a good friend of my grandfather's for many years.  He told me not that long ago he threw out a bunch of old pictures of him at the scrambles with the bike back in the early 70's.  He didn't think anyone would be interested in seeing them so he tossed them.  Fuck I probably would of put the them in frames and hung them in my garage!

No comments:

Post a Comment